Photoelectric Beam Sensor
How Active Infrared Sensor Works
The active photoelectric beam sensor consists of a Transmitter and a Receiver. The infrared transmitter emits a beam of modulated infrared light that is directed at the infrared receiver. Active infrared sensor is a reliable method of intruder detection. Once set up they are extremely stable, with a high detection rate and low false alarm rate.
1. Keep alert when there is no obstruction
2. When there is an obstruction, an alarm is output.
Single/Twin/Quad Outdoor Beam Sensor
The mainly consideration of using single, double and quad photo beam sensors is the detection distance. Usually, for using indoor is no climatic factor so you can choose single beam infrared sensor. For outdoor beam sensor using, we will suggest you to choose double or quad beam sensors to fully ensure the highly reliabilities of detection distance.
- Single beam sensor:~15 meters (indoor)
- Double beam sensor: ~150 meters (outdoor)
- Quad beam sensor:~250 meters (outdoor)